Complicated Parts (Complicated Parts Series #2) by Ashley Jade
She needed to be loved...
He needed to be saved.
When an opportunity comes knocking, you shouldn't question it.
Unless it comes in the form of a 5'2", feisty, loudmouth girl who just so happens to hate your guts.
The same girl you haven't been able to get out of your head for three years.
But, I'm a gambler by nature. A risk taker.
So when Kit Bishop makes me an offer I'm in no position to refuse... I take it.
I just have to make sure I don't end up giving her more than what we both bargained for.
Like the fucked-up thing beating in my chest.
There's no one on earth I hate more than Preston Holden.
As if our past didn't give me enough of a reason—he's also a cocky, arrogant jerk with a gambling problem.
Unfortunately for me, he just so happens to be the only guy I can ask to help me with my issue.
He needs the money. I need a husband.
It's strictly business. A one-year stint between enemies.
No strings. No feelings—other than our mutual dislike for one another.
But the thing about hate? It can flip on a dime.
It can have you questioning things about yourself you never thought you would.
And if I'm not careful—things are going to get even more complicated between us.
You know the saying—'til death do us part?
Well, in our case? It includes all the complicated parts.
Please note: This book is part of a series. Book one needs to be read prior to this book.
Complicated Hearts (featuring different characters) does not have to be read in order to read this series. However, there are some spoilers for the Complicated Hearts duet.
Full disclosure: This review was written the minute I read the last line of the book. My heart is still fully exposed, my brain is split in half, my intestines fell out and are at my feet, my fingers are bare bone typing on my keyboard, and I'm just ... wow. Every part of my mind, body, and soul are exposed and singing and dancing with this one.
Do. Not. Read. This book unless you have read Part 1. It won't make sense. It will ruin so much for you.
So I have three... maybe four things... that TRULY did it for me. Okay, five because I just thought of the last one.
1. Preston. Preston is the king of douchebaggery. But I love those characters. And while he is the epitome of an asshole (personality, not the body part), he's hilarious and I'm constantly drawn to him, just like Kit. I want to punch him but I want to hug him because of his humor. I'm all about #TeamPreston, but there are no teams in this book, but I'm still #TeamPreston.
2. Kit. Kit wears everything on her sleeve. While that's not what I love about her, what I do love is she is prancing around claiming "I'm a lesbian" all the time. Maybe. But maybe she is truly the example of love is love, regardless of body parts or gender. No one should label themselves as anything, and Kit (i.e., Ashley Jade) nails this thought fucking SPOT ON. She is the perfect example in my mind of figuring out that there are NO LABELS. *Applaud Ashley for this.*
3. Shit, I forgot the rest of my points.
4. Ashley Jade has managed to spin a captivating and truly moving book. It captures humor, the knack of agitating the reader to no end, developing characters with such depth I practically fall out of my seat, and a plot that will probably never end.
5. If I remember my other two points, I will be back.
Needless to say, if you haven't figured it out, I really truly loved this book. The characters are so finely tuned. The spins and plots are just silly good. I love the dollops of humor. I love that this is not a cookie-cutter romance. It's not dark. It's not cliche. It's not anything I've seen before. And I love Ashley Jade. But I really fucking love Preston.
Ashley, you have blown my socks off with this book. I wasn't wearing any, so there is that. But I'm sure if I was wearing them, they would have been blown off.